Day 8 – Our Identity – 2
In the last lesson, we saw what Jesus experienced around the time of His death and resurrection. Of course, He didn’t do that for Himself, but for us. For us to experience the benefits He gained, we need to identify with His experience.
Here are the things in which we need to identify with Christ:
- I was crucified with Christ
- (Rom 6:6, Gal 2:20) knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin… I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live…
- I died with Christ
- (Col 2:20, Col 3:3) Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world… (NIV) 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
- I was buried with Christ
- (Rom 6:4) Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death…
- I was made alive with Christ
- (Eph 2:5) even when we were dead in trespasses, (He) made us alive together with Christ…
- I was raised up with Christ
- (Eph 2:6, Col 3:1) and raised us up together… Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above… (NIV)
- I am seated with Christ
- (Eph 2:6) and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
While this is all very interesting, how does it apply to me? How do I identify with Christ in these things? We’ll look at it in more detail in the next lesson, but the main thing to remember is that when Christ died, I died, and when Christ was made alive, I was made alive!
How awesome it is that Jesus paid the price for my sin, and shared His eternal life with me!